Pages

Monday 27 May 2013

UPDATES

Ayo people! LT is back! I forgot when my last post was and yeah..I got lazy >< Nonetheless I'm back with some useful updates :)

1. Moisturising skin daily may harm your skin. I took a few excerpts from the article and would like to talk about them

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/the-big-story/case-you-missed-it/story/beauty-myth-buster-moisturising-skin-daily-may-harm-your-skin
"Most moisturisers are bad for your skin, he says.
And conventional sunscreen lotion is not good enough to protect it."

Oh no...whatever I had reviewed on...

"Dr Obagi also notes that many women start using moisturiser from a young age, which leads to more complaints of problematic and dry skin. In contrast, fewer men report such problems."

This is a general statement and puts moisturisers in negative light! It could be that the women he sampled are not using suitable moisturisers or other factors that could have contributed to the skin problems such as the climate or lifestyles. And also, men generally put on less make up than women, so its no surprise that their skin has less problems.

Women put on moisturisers to compensate for the damage they have done to the skin and to prevent signs of aging. Right? So if the moisturisers didn't work, is it the moisturisers fault or womens fault? Probably both.


"The formula contains hyaluronic acid, which is naturally present in the body and helps to keep skin hydrated, and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as vitamin E and orange peel oil."

Ok, note these ingredients now girls, ladies, aunties or grannies! His product costs a whooping $200. It might be a better alternative to look for these ingredients in more affordable moisturiers.

"Wash your face twice a day no matter what; never sleep with your make-up on. Do not let the extra oil and impurities sit on the skin because it has to breathe and renew itself."

Last advice from the doctor and I can't agree more!

Please note that whatever I've said are my personal opinions and I have no intention to promote or put down any products.

P.S. if you did click the link and read the whole article, you can see the 70 years old doctor who has a youthful look. What can I say, you gotta be a good model yourself.  ;) I am probably gonna cut down on my moisturing efforts, because I agree with doing it the natural way too.

2) Brushes!

I saw this on FB and although I don't put on makeup, just thought it would be useful for people who do especially beginners :) I don't know why it always appear so small but you can right click to save and see.











That's all from me! I will be back with more reviews :D

No comments: